The Journey Through Grief of a Young Widowed Mom

My grief journey after losing my husband of six and a half years. I am 27, and he would have been 28, in September 2006. We have three little boys, 6, 4, and 2.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Life Feels A Little Empty

I was looking forward to having Heather here for something to do, something to occupy my mind mostly, and someone to be around to keep me company and help me out around here. Everyone else has their own place and their own life. But, that isn't working out. I never really counted on it working, but it occupied my mind for a little while. Now I am left feeling empty, without direction. I have my boys, of course, and homeschooling James, but deep down I feel like I am just wandering around, existing. I don't have any real direction or focus. I don't know what to do with myself. I don't have my future to look forward to anymore. I don't really have any adult plans or goals. I don't know. It just makes me really sad and really depressed. I don't want to do this alone and I want my life back. I want my husband back. I want my best friend back. I want the promise of a life with him back, with plans of the future.

I just don't want to sit here waiting for things to be better. I don't want to sit here just existing, but I don't really know what else to do. I can't travel with three little boys, and I'd never leave them. I also have a house, a dog and cats that I have to be responsible for. I just don't know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, Katie girl...

I love your honesty and I love that you open your thoughts and feelings to those who love you - and even those who don't yet know you, but need your words of healing and truth.

You are an amazing woman and as much as it hurts that I can't take away any of the pain you're going through, I am so blessed to have a window into your world and am praying for you. You are an amazing friend and sister, and being near your faith and openess make me a better person.

I love you so much.
-Wendy

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home