The Journey Through Grief of a Young Widowed Mom

My grief journey after losing my husband of six and a half years. I am 27, and he would have been 28, in September 2006. We have three little boys, 6, 4, and 2.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Storm Has Passed

December and January were pretty hard for me. Holidays, anniversaries, new lessons, etc. I am feeling better right now though. I can think of Mickey without feeling like I've been punched in the gut. I'll always miss him, and I am sure I'll go through other storms, but hopefully each time they'll be less hard and easier to endure.

I asked Micah the other day if he misses his Daddy and he gave me a funny look and said that his Daddy died when he was a baby. He doesn't have a concept of time, and all he knows that it was awile ago, so it must have been when he was "little" or a baby. James brings up random memories of Mickey all the time and it is good. He tells them to Micah and me and we talk about Mickey often. They have pictures in their bedrooms of Mickey and they talk about Daddy proudly...however, their life is the way it is now, they know they are loved and taken care of and that is they know as life right now. James knows a little more about what it means to not have Daddy around but the other two don't really.

I am going to be brave and tae a trip by myself. I was going to go out East, but that is more of a drive and it is still cold and I just want to get out of the cold and snow right now. I am not fond of it at all and the kids are going crazy. It should be an adventure...me alone with the three boys in the truck :) Guess we are all going to get a lesson in patience. I still think they should make a sound proof barrier between the back and front seats as an option in vehicles. I'd be willing to pay some good money for that ;)

I am taking a writing class right now (not for credit) and am enjoying that. I will probably take some more after this one is done. I finally feel like I am half way caught up with the house, and hope I can stay that way. There are lots of things that need to get done, but not in the winter.

1 Comments:

Blogger BLAZER PROPHET said...

I have kept up with your blog and have prayed for you. I'm glad to see you are taking a writing class and having some thoughts about going more forward. Take good care of those young men you are raising.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home